10 Child Safe Standards
The 10 Child Safe Standards have been developed to describe the multifaceted approach to child safety adopted by Metford Baptist Community Church.
1. LEADERSHIP, GOVERNANCE AND CULTURE - Child safety is embedded in institutional leadership, governance and culture.
2. CHILDREN'S PARTICIPATION AND ENPOWERMENT - Children participate in decisions affecting them and are taken seriously.
3. FAMILY AND COMMUNITY INVOLVMENT - Families and communities are informed and involved.
4. EQUALITY AND DIVERSE NEEDS - Equity is upheld and diverse needs are taken into account.
5. HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT - People working with children are suitable and supported.
6. CHILD-FOCUSED COMPLAINTS PROCESS - Processes to respond to complaints of child sexual abuse are child-focused.
7. STAFF EDUCATION AND TRAINING - Staff are equipped with the knowledge, skills and awareness to keep children safe through continual education and training.
8. PHYSICAL AND ONLINE ENVIRONMENTS - Physical and online environments minimise the opportunity for abuse to occur.
9. REVIEW AND CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT - Implementation of the Child Safe Standards is continuously reviewed and improved.
10. CHILD SAFE POLICY AND PROCEDURE - Policies and procedures document how the institution is child safe.